Keep Your Treats To Yourself

Dog-NutritionDogs have the ability to do some strange things sometimes. But the most important thing to be aware of is to whether or not the things they do are normal. And by normal, I mean healthy, because taking care of our dog’s health is extremely important. They are a part of our families after all, so we need to pay close attention to any health problems, or anything that they are eating and not supposed to. Keep reading to find out some of the things that dogs may do to indicate to you that they may not be feeling well.

There are a number of foods that that your dog simply cannot eat because they are toxic to your furry friends. Just as we love our pets, most of us humans love our chocolate. One thing you must be careful of is not to allow your dog to ever consume any amount of chocolate. But it is important to know what to do if your dog eats chocolate. Chocolate (especially baking chocolate) is extremely toxic to your pet. It contains a chemical called theobromine that do massive damage to your dog’s lungs, kidneys, heart, and nervous system. Keep chocolate away from your pet all costs. Store your chocolate stash in hard to reach places. Never keep chocolate in a place where your dog can reach it.

Have you ever witnessed your dog shake or shiver in an uncontrollable manor?  You are probably asking yourself why is my dog shaking. This can happen for a number of reasons some more serious than others there are a few different reasons why they may do this. If your dog is only shaking during thunderstorms or when something startles them, they are probably just anxious or afraid and you shouldn’t worry too much about this.

But sometimes dogs will shake because they have a fever or they are nauseous. They may also shake when they get excited like when you get home from work or you’re getting ready to walk them. However, if your dog is shaking along with other symptoms such as drooling, disorientation, and depression, it is possible that your dog may have eaten something poisonous such as chocolate. If you for any reason think your dog may have consumed something poisonous, make sure you take them to the veterinarian right away.

Our pets play such an important role in our lives. We want them to be around for a long time. It is our jobs as pet owners to make sure our dogs are taken care of to the fullest extent of our capabilities. Keeping these toxic foods away from your dog is a great step in keeping your favorite furry friend around for a very long time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *