The climate change is one of the most challenging issues which not only Canada but the world faces. The worse part of the problem is that it has failed to garner any positive reviews from the media and therefore it is highly unlikely that the problem will be resolved in a manner that it should. Current media attention and outrage from the environmental associations in Canada has led the common Canadians to believe that the issue is vital and must be dealt with iron hands for elimination. The government of Canada is also becoming concern about the problem which the country is facing and the possible economic upheaval that may follow. There are many organizations both government and private which have asked the common Canadian about the effects of climate change. The results simply state that the Canadians have not lost interest in the issue and want to solve it completely.
The Canadian Building Resiliency
This one is something that stems directly from the outcomes generated by the government reports. After the Alberta wildfires of 2016 various government agencies have worked rigorously to make sure that the best outcome is generated and this problem is never faced again. The building efficiency will take the methods which are adopted by the Northern parts of Canada. This will make sure that the problem in various forms related to every aspect of Canadian life is completely curbed. Adaptation to warm weather and the techniques related to Northern indigenous tribes form the most vital part of the report. The translation of the traditional knowledge as per scientific terms is also the need of the hour.
This is also important as it will make sure that the policies which are devised are implemented as soon as possible. The federal government has also directed various environment-related departments to take necessary actions to overcome the negative effects of climate change. These departments are also given the task to urge the Canadians to overcome the problem with combined efforts. The impact of the climate change is vital and therefore the common Canadians should always take the active part in the problem-solving. As per government officials, they are taking all necessary measures to overcome by joining hands with the public. The government is of the view that without the public the problem will never be resolved at all.
Measuring Progress on Adaptation and Climate Resilience
This is a factor which has been measured by various organizations to take into account the effect which a common Canadian has to face in relation to climate change. The key points which are related to the idea are to be pondered by the common man if he wants to wane the effects of climate change. The human health and well being is the first and foremost factor which is affected by the climate change. The government plans on protecting both for the country free of negative climate change. The climate shifts in the most vital parts of Canada are to be monitored under the command of Weather Canada. Periodic reports will be submitted to the stakeholders.
The National Round table on environment is an advisory agency to the government of Canada that raises the awareness about the sustainable development resources for the people of Canada. It also throws light on the rise of pollution level through greenhouse gas emissions and the carbon dioxide. The advisory agency provided reports on the climatic change, energy consumption, forests, water and air pollution. The National Round table on environment focuses on the integration of the economic and the financial issues.
Significant facts about the environmental reports
The National Round table works well by carrying out the policy research, stimulating the mindset of the Canadians on environmental issues, building consensus on the sustainable development and presenting the varied options to the government. The agency is conducting the research in order to assess the climatic change plans and to reduce the emission of the poisonous gases. The agency is working to meet the federal government’s plan of reducing the emissions by the year 2020. Here are some of the important facts relative to the National Round table on the environment:
- If the Canadian government has to meet their target of lowering down the gas emission to all-time low of 17%, then they have to take additional measures for meeting their targets for the year 2020.
- The agency is working towards the transforming the nation to a low-carbon economy by implementing strategies and plans. The government can build the less intensive carbon economy by levying the carbon tax on the polluting industries and firms.
- The Canadian public policy experts and the research carried by National Round table on environment states that the Canadian climatic policies need a remodeling. For this, the government should acquire green policies and regulations.
- The Canadian government and the NRT agency are focusing on the environmental and economic policies for the sustainable development. The prime concentration is on the adoption of the Life Cycle Approach that will help in the successful implementation in the private and the public sectors.
- The reports presented by the NRT deals with the usage of the resources efficiently and without any hassles. There should be efficient usage made of the resources right from their extraction to their disposal, as the climatic policies have become the issue of global importance.
The above-related facts presented by the National Round Table on Environment agency directs towards the sustainable development policies of the Canada. The Canadian Ministry is accounted towards the lowering down of the greenhouse gas emissions and conserving the biodiversity of the country. The agency is implementing the plans and policies in order to apply them for acquiring the carbon-free atmosphere by the year 2020.
This will help in averting the pollution-related diseases, harmful effects on the nature, creation of greener policies for the industries. The taxes and economic instruments used by the Canadian government also prove helpful for curbing the danger occurred due to the pollutants. Even the government and policymakers need to work efficiently and effectively to apply the stringent policies.
The climate change has emerged as the biggest threat to the environment for the present and the future generation. The global temperature is likely to increase to 5.3° C. The rise of carbon level has resulted in the increase in pollutants at a great rate. The higher temperature will lead to the rise in the sea level, spreading of harmful diseases, lead to the reduction in productivity and hardships and many more threatening factors.
According to reports, the emission of greenhouse gases and carbon dioxide has reached to 400 parts per million in the atmosphere. This is the highest level of carbon dioxide and other gases in the past thousand years.
Key pointers relative to environmental taxation policies
The past few years have noticed the emission of smog, greenhouse gases and other poisonous pollutants in the air that has made the survival difficult for creatures on the Earth. To reduce this problem, the Environmental Policies and Conventions are drafted at the top levels. The developed and underdeveloped nations have come together to enact policies related to EcoTax and the Carbon Tax.
The Canadian government has come up with the policies of applying the Carbon tax in the country that will ultimately lead to lower gas emissions. To promote the greener growth in the country some important facts that can be applied are:
- Use of various pricing instruments: There are different taxation instruments implemented by the Canadian government on the industries. This will help in lowering the pollution level, as the heavy taxes will lessen the consumption of goods made of polluting products. These taxes fall into the category of transportation, pollution level, energy level and the natural resources. It bears mentioning, that Canadian government also highly watches the gambling industry and expose taxes upon it. That is why only the most secure and proven sources enter the market. To such sources, we can number well-known NBSO casino online gaming adviser, which you can help to explore pros and cons of popular entertainment websites (si vous parlez français, vous pouvez consulter un de casino en ligne conseiller de jeu et explorer différentes critiques sur des sites de divertissement).
- Applicability of economic instruments: In order to reduce the environmental pollution in the country the government is using many economic instruments. These instruments will help in reduction of air pollution that will include tax incentives, subsidies, tradable permits and green taxes. The economic instruments lower the cost. They are flexible and stimulate innovation for the companies and consumers that are following greener approach for running the business.
- Carbon taxation: The government is using the Carbon tax in order to curb the growing limit of carbon level in the air. This will help the nation to help in bringing down the temperature limit to 3° C or cutting it down to 50%.
- Following new approach: The Canadian Minister has appealed to nations across the globe to join hands in order to lower down the greenhouse gases and carbon level present in the air. The country has asked the representatives of other nations to form a mitigation policy and strategies so that the dangerous situation can be put under the control.
To conclude, the environmental taxation policies will support the Canadian government to bring down the level of pollution prevalent in the atmosphere. This will also lead to the reduction in usage of pollutants in the industries. The taxation will further keep away the people from buying products that cause pollution because of taxation effect.
The increasing greenhouse-gas emissions and other related pollutants have led the two developed nations to join hands and discuss the choices relative to Climate Policies. The model of the U.S. – Canada Climate Change policy depends upon the energy and economic choices of their respective countries. However, it has become totally difficult to estimate the overall cost of the Climate-Change Choices as it depends upon varied factors like:
- Future costs of the technology
- Human behavior
- Widespread economic effects
- Decision-making process
Specifics related to harmonizing US- Canada climate policies
In order to reduce the growing pollution problems, the two countries Canada and the U.S. are following the harmonized approach. This will help the countries to resort to numerable solutions to sort out the prevalent problem. The two countries are designing the environmental model system that will help in the managing the risk of competition, to achieve the reduction of emissions, development of technology relative to lower carbon emission and produce clean energy.
It is reported that the Canada may face economic risks for independent Canadian actions. For lowering the risk, it is suggestive to harmonize with the U.S. Climate Policies. Even both the nations organized few conventions in order to reach a relative conclusion. It consisted of outreach sessions at many places like:
The two developed nations have come together in order for the right implementation of the Climate Change Policies and choices. The National Round Table conference held on Policy Choices has led the two countries to invest in the required innovative features relative to low-carbon technology. Few other pointers related to the Canada-U.S. Climate Policy choices include:
- To meet the targets relative to the reduction of the Global greenhouse gas emissions by joining hands with each other. This will help in reducing the carbon point, and the economic ties between the two countries will help in the development of newer technologies.
- The CIMS Model followed by the two countries helps in the forecasting the energy demands, and the cost incurred on them. It has become mandatory to choose the right technology for meeting energy demands. This can only be done with the help of U.S. – Canada Policy choices.
- Climate change has emerged as a greater issue not only in Canada, but all over the world. It is important for the two countries to look after the betterment of their people. It can be done by making the U.S. support Canada in terms of monetary value.
- The U.S. climatic change policy values were adopted by Canada in the year 2011. The model represented the 3% discount rate similar to that of U.S. Canada implemented the 3% social discount rate along with the prevalent rate for reducing Gas emissions.
From above, clearly that the two powerful nations are dependent on each other for the Climate Change Policy options. The Canada has adopted some fresh norms prevalent in the American state for curbing the threat of environmental pollution.