The National Round table on environment is an advisory agency to the government of Canada that raises the awareness about the sustainable development resources for the people of Canada. It also throws light on the rise of pollution level through greenhouse gas emissions and the carbon dioxide. The advisory agency provided reports on the climatic change, energy consumption, forests, water and air pollution. The National Round table on environment focuses on the integration of the economic and the financial issues.
Significant facts about the environmental reports
The National Round table works well by carrying out the policy research, stimulating the mindset of the Canadians on environmental issues, building consensus on the sustainable development and presenting the varied options to the government. The agency is conducting the research in order to assess the climatic change plans and to reduce the emission of the poisonous gases. The agency is working to meet the federal government’s plan of reducing the emissions by the year 2020. Here are some of the important facts relative to the National Round table on the environment:
- If the Canadian government has to meet their target of lowering down the gas emission to all-time low of 17%, then they have to take additional measures for meeting their targets for the year 2020.
- The agency is working towards the transforming the nation to a low-carbon economy by implementing strategies and plans. The government can build the less intensive carbon economy by levying the carbon tax on the polluting industries and firms.
- The Canadian public policy experts and the research carried by National Round table on environment states that the Canadian climatic policies need a remodeling. For this, the government should acquire green policies and regulations.
- The Canadian government and the NRT agency are focusing on the environmental and economic policies for the sustainable development. The prime concentration is on the adoption of the Life Cycle Approach that will help in the successful implementation in the private and the public sectors.
- The reports presented by the NRT deals with the usage of the resources efficiently and without any hassles. There should be efficient usage made of the resources right from their extraction to their disposal, as the climatic policies have become the issue of global importance.
The above-related facts presented by the National Round Table on Environment agency directs towards the sustainable development policies of the Canada. The Canadian Ministry is accounted towards the lowering down of the greenhouse gas emissions and conserving the biodiversity of the country. The agency is implementing the plans and policies in order to apply them for acquiring the carbon-free atmosphere by the year 2020.
This will help in averting the pollution-related diseases, harmful effects on the nature, creation of greener policies for the industries. The taxes and economic instruments used by the Canadian government also prove helpful for curbing the danger occurred due to the pollutants. Even the government and policymakers need to work efficiently and effectively to apply the stringent policies.